TERMS & CONDITIONS
TOJI NATURE RETREAT
Retreat Attendee / Renter Conditions & Terms
• Check-in/Out procedures: Renters (or Retreat Attendees) will be provided directions and/or GPS link to Esterillos Este “Toji Nature Retreat“ and to the property manager’s site to obtain door key codes and other check in procedures.
Check in time is 3:00pm and check out time shall be no later than 11:00am unless early checkin or late checkouts are granted in writing. Property Front gate remotes will be returned to property manager, and check out inspection procedures before departure. LOST REMOTES WILL INCUR A CHARGE OF $100.00 USD.
NO Early check-in or late check-out is authorized without prior arrangements. Failure to check out on time will result in additional fees plus per night charges, including without limitation the expense to relocate incoming guests, second trip charges for housekeepers, etc.
• Parking Passes: Parking passes, if applicable, are distributed by the front desk upon check-in. Renters must display parking pass on dashboard while parked in the community at all times. Failure to display visitor / parking pass may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Please return the parking passes to the security gate as you leave the community. Any fraudulent use of the parking pass or failure to return it will result in a charge against your damage deposit of $675.00.
• Only the Agreed Number of Guests: as indicated in the rental or retreat agreement will be allowed to stay in the lodging. Additional guests without prior and written permission can cause forfeiture of the security deposit and immediate removal from the house. The renter and guests agree to comply with all ordinances and laws affecting the property, not engage in any illegal or disorderly conduct and shall permit no private or public nuisances to occur at the property. The maximum number of guests is limited to twenty-four (24) persons. In the event of any violations of the above, the property manager as requested by the owner, may remove the renters and forfeit the security deposit.
• This is a Non-Smoking Establishment: ANY SIGNS OR SMELL OF SMOKING WITHIN THE ROOMS OR OTHER INTERIOR SPACES WILL CAUSE A FORFEITURE OF DAMAGE DEPOSIT. We ask that any guests who smoke outside do so in the parking lot area, and to please clean up and throw away any cigarette/cigar butts.
• Littering: Littering on the grounds and or pool with cigarette butts, trash, cans, bottles, etc WILL CAUSE A FORFEITURE OF DAMAGE DEPOSIT. We kindly ask that you follow recycling and compost instructions as well by placing items in their designated receptacles.
• Pets are not permitted under any conditions. Evidence of pets on the premise WILL CAUSE A FORFEITURE OF DAMAGE DEPOSIT.
• No vacationing students, singles, or groups of singles under 25 years of age unless they are a part of an organized retreat or accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
• Bedding and towels are provided for the use of the guest. DO NOT LEAVE BEACH TOWELS AT THE POOL OR ON THE BEACH. They will be inventoried at check out. Replacement charges are: $35.00 Beach Towels. $15.00 Bath Towels.
• Daily Cleaning Service/Laundry: Additional maid services such as laundry is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate.
• INHERENT RISK OF SWIMMING WARNING: Pools, ponds, beaches & rivers have no lifeguards or fences. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK! Please supervise children in any pool, river or the ocean at all times! Renter assumes all liability for any water activities they partake in, and any water activities children in their group partake in! _______initials
• INHERENT RISK OF ADVENTURE/EXTREME ACTIVITIES. Activities, including, but not limited to, ziplining, surfing, hiking, waterfall trekking, cliff jumping, ATVing, and kayaking, all have inherent risk and the renters partake in these activities at their own risk, whether the activity takes place on owner’s property or not. Renter assumes all liability for any activities they partake in. All children must be accompanied by an adult on any hike or excursion, and parent’s or guardians are responsible for the safety of their children. _______initials
• Damage/Reservation Deposit: Renters or retreat leaders shall be responsible for a damage deposit of US $675.00 whether received as part of the final electronic payment made to the owners, or to be paid up to $675.00 upon departure if damages are incurred. The security deposit agreed upon by the renters is to ensure the renters full compliance with all the terms and conditions of this agreement and to protect the owner from damage and loss. The renters and owner hereby acknowledge that the residence is rented in premier condition, furnished as per inventory kept by the property manager. At the end of the stated rental term, the premises and inventory will be returned to owner in the same condition as delivered to the renter. The damage deposit will be returned in full within 15 days of departure, provided there is not a claim against the damage deposit. If there is a claim against the damage deposit for loss or damage caused by the renters to the premise or inventory, both inside and outside the house, including but not limited to, loss caused by theft or breakage or damage by stains, rips, tears, chips, cracks or misuse or abuse of any appliances, plumbing and electric fixtures or furniture contrary to normal usage or as directed by any instruction or limitations posted in the premises the amount will deducted from the damage deposit. The owner’s agent, property manager, will review the premises upon departure. The damage deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure.
• All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in garbage or recycling cans before departure.
• All keys/gate remotes, if applicable, are left with the front desk upon check out.
• All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
• The renter is not evicted or asked to leave by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, the security employees by Dos Colinas.
• Tenant is to inspect rooms upon arrival, any damages are to be reported to owner within 4 hours or tenant will be charged for the damages.
• A/C remotes which are damaged or missing will incur a $100.00 USD charge each.
• Cancellation Policy:
Retreat cancellation policy: Each retreat program may have it's own cancellation policy based on a number of factors and upfront costs that may vary depending on the retreat. Please find the retreat program you are attending and scroll to the bottom of the program page to see the cancelation policy for that retreat.
Rental cancellation policy: Due to the nature of vacation rentals the following policy applies. Notice given 60 days in advance; - Renter will be refunded reservation deposit minus a 10% handling fee. If less than 60 days until arrival– we have a “non-refund” policy, however the money can be transferred to use for future dates, subject to holiday blackouts and availability. If booking agent or owner is able to book the lodging for the same dates that renter has reserved, renter can request full refund minus 10% handling fee.
• Damage Deposit: Renters or retreat leaders shall be responsible for a damage deposit of US $675.00 whether received as part of the final electronic payment made to the owners, or to be paid up to $675.00 upon departure if damages are incurred. The security deposit paid by the renters is to ensure the renters full compliance with all the terms and conditions of this agreement and to protect the owner from damage and loss. The renters and owner hereby acknowledge that the residence is rented in premier condition, furnished as per inventory kept by the property manager.
• At the end of the stated rental term, the premises and inventory will be returned to owner in the same condition as delivered to the renter.
• The damage deposit will be returned in full within 15 days of departure, provided there is not a claim against the damage deposit. If there is a claim against the damage deposit for loss or damage caused by the renters to the premise or inventory, both inside and outside the house, including but not limited to, loss cause by theft or breakage or damage by stains, rips, tears, chips, cracks or misuse or abuse of any appliances, plumbing and electric fixtures or furniture contrary to normal usage or as directed by any instruction or limitations posted in the premises the amount will deducted from the damage deposit.
• The owner’s agent, property manager, will review the premises upon departure.
• It is the renter’s responsibility to report any damages immediately upon arrival to the rental manager.
• Upon check in, renters must inspect all rooms they will occupy. Any damages not reported to owners within 4 hours of check in, will be charged to security deposit.
• Hurricane, Earthquake and Storm Policy: No weather related refunds will be given unless: A recognized global weather authority orders mandatory evacuation in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane/Earthquake Warning. The day that a recognized global weather authority orders a mandatory evacuation due to "Tropical Storm/Hurricane/Earthquake Warning," we will agree to refund within 15 days:
• Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered
• Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten or cancel their stay. We will do our best to accommodate a stay after any such warning is lifted, and
• Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane/Storm/Earthquake Warning" period.
• Security & Quiet Enjoyment: All Toji Nature Retreat and Dos Colinas personnel, Dos Colinas homeowners and their authorized guests are to be treated with the utmost respect at all times. Toji guest conduct, noise cerfews, and Dos Colinas community policies and procedures are established for the safety, security and enjoyment of the entire community, its owners and authorized guests. The property may not be used for any illegal purpose at any time. Please limit all activities to appropriate times, noise levels, etc. out of respect for our valued neighbors.
• Environmental Concerns: Costa Rica has many wonderful attributes which cannot be sustained without human awareness, sensitivity and care. The nature that surrounds you is one of Costa Rica’s greatest treasures! Please be sensitive to all wildlife and plant species. Do not feed any animals, litter or pollute in any way, when on the property or at beaches or national parks.
• Please use electricity and bathing water sparingly. Electricity outages are not uncommon in Costa Rica during peak times. Please shut off lights and especially the air conditioning when you are leaving your room for any extended period. Drinking and bathing water in the lodging is potable and provided by our well and holding tanks. Irrigation water is derived from our rain water capture systems throughout the property. Depending on the season, the well can take some time to replenish so water consciousness is always encouraged. While showering, we provide 3 minute sand timers to help you remember to manage your water usage accordingly. Our establishment was built to be as sustainable and low impact as possible, but we are always working to improve our sustainability efforts, energy efficiency, and waste minimization. To that end, we welcome your input. If you would like to share suggestions on how we can decrease our environmental impact at Toji even further, please e-mail your suggestions to the agent via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The renters hereby acknowledge that they have been advised that the Residence and premises have not been “childproofed” and the property is without a pool fence or a fence blocking access to the principal road of Dos Colinas. The renters hereby acknowledge that they have been advised that the residence and premises are as secure as possible, with a night time security guard present. The property has security video camera, but the property is without a security alarm. The renter and guests agree to hold the owners harmless from any claims of any kind whether from injury, loss or damages, arising from or in connection with the afore said conditions or any other conditions.
Sunchasers Booking Site General Provisions
If you make your reservation via a travel agent, or other third party, then you have a separate legal relationship with that party and Sunchasers ("SC”) has no liability for any acts or omissions of such party including their observance of your data protection rights.
When you make your reservation, you will be also deemed to have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions for using the SC website (which shall mean www.sunchasers.com or any related SC web pages accessible from it) and any relevant terms and conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated into your reservation and the accommodation agreement with the SC resort or retreat lodging. The link to the terms and conditions for using the SC website is https://www.sunchasers.com/about-us/terms-of-use/
Sunchasers ("SC”) does not own or manage any of the resorts or retreat lodging which are current members of the SC brand ("SC resorts or retreat lodging").
SC provides an online reservations facility on the SC website and a telephone facility for making reservations at SC resorts or retreat lodging (together called "the Reservations Facility") as an independent service provider and acts solely as an intermediary between you and the SC resorts or retreat lodging. Accordingly, your reservation and the accommodation agreement is made directly with the SC resort of your choice and your use of the Reservations Facility will not result in any contractual relationship between you and SC.
All information regarding rooms, facilities, products and services offered at the SC resorts or retreat lodging contained on the SC website or otherwise available through the Reservations Facility has been provided to SC by an SC resort. SC does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind with respect thereto. Such information may be inaccurate as a result of renovation or repair at the SC resort. The SC website may also contain typographical errors or omissions.
As there will be no contractual agreement between you and SC, and as SC does not control or verify the information that SC resorts or retreat lodging submit to or through the Reservations Facility, SC shall not be liable to you for:
(i) the accuracy or completeness of any SC resort information provided to or through the Reservations Facility including, without limitation, the availability or price of rooms, facilities, products or services, or for any other errors or omissions of SC resorts or retreat lodging; or
(ii) any failure or delay beyond its control in the transmission of any data submitted to or through the Reservations Facility including, but not limited to, the details of your reservation or changes to or cancellation of your reservation, in each case to the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws.
RESERVATIONS PROCEDURE AND POLICIES
1. Online reservations
The SC website and telephone facility enables you to check the accommodation offerings and availability of SC resorts or retreat lodging (and related products and services), as indicated to SC by each SC resort, and then submit an online or telephone reservation request via SC to the SC resort of your choice. On completion of the reservation process, the Reservations Facility will transmit an online or email confirmation of your reservation. A reservation is only valid when a reservation number has been issued. Relevant details relating to products and services must be confirmed by you directly with the SC resort including, for example, airport pick up and drop off times.
2. Resort Prices
The prices indicated on the SC website and telephone facility for the SC resort rooms, products and services are subject to availability. Breakfast is only included if indicated in the rate policy. Taxes and service charges are only included if indicated in the rate policy.
It will be necessary for you to provide credit card details to secure a room, product or service reservation. The credit card may then be used by the SC resort for payment of a deposit as advised at the time of booking or as a guarantee for a future payment, in the case of a no-show, a cancellation or change to the reservation.
4. Cancellations and Amendments
You should make any cancellations or amendments to your reservation using the same SC channel through which you booked, either online or by telephone. The cancellations and amendments policy that applies to your reservation will depend on the respective SC resort's policy as advised at the time of booking.
5. Rate/Reservation Validity
Reservation confirmations are provided to you solely for your convenience. SC and SC resorts or retreat lodging retain official records of reservation transactions, including details of dates of stay and room, product and service rates. In the event of discrepancies, alterations, modifications, or variations between this confirmation and our official records, SC’s official records shall prevail. Tampering with this confirmation to alter any room, product or service rate or any other reservation information is strictly prohibited and will have legal consequences.
6. Early Departure
Some SC resorts or retreat lodging and resorts have an early departure penalty fee and some room, product and service rates may also require a minimum stay. You may change your check out date without a penalty only if your rate and the SC resort’s policy permits.
Reservations will be charged in the resort’s local currency as shown on the SC website or given over the telephone at the time of booking. The price shown is based on today’s exchange rate. Any currency conversion is for guidance only. A foreign currency transaction may be charged by your card provider. Any deposits or pre-payments will be deducted from the final reservation invoice in the resort’s local currency.
A refund of a deposit or prepayment, if any, will be subject to the exchange rate applied by your payment card provider at the time of any such refund and may differ from the exchange rate applied at the time such deposit or prepayment was made.
8. Rate Requirements
As some rates have special requirements at check-in, you should verify that you qualify for the rate that you have reserved. SC resorts or retreat lodging are not obligated to honor this rate if you do not qualify or do not have proof of qualification.
9. Pre-paid Reservations
Some rate plans require prepayment in full and are non-cancellable, non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferable. This will be identified in the rate description. For these rate plans, once you make a reservation your credit card will be charged for the full amount. Credit will not be given for any unused reservation and the amount paid by you for such reservation cannot be used toward any other/future reservation.
10. Guarantee Rules
For reservations guaranteed with a credit card at the time of making your reservation, rooms are held until the SC resort check-out time on the day following the day of arrival. The SC resort may authorize the room, product or service rate prior to arrival and reserve funds, including taxes, on the credit card to determine the validity of the credit card. Rooms, products or services booked with an invalid credit card are subject to immediate cancellation.
In the event that a guest cannot be accommodated due to the SC resort overbooking or an unforeseen circumstance, the SC resort will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable property in the area for the night(s) for which the SC resort is unable to accommodate such guests, and will pay for transportation to that property.
12. Special Requests
SC resorts or retreat lodging will strive to honor any request for specific room types or bed types and some SC resorts or retreat lodging will confirm such arrangements at the time you make your reservation. Until specific confirmation is issued then your request cannot be guaranteed and neither SC nor the SC resort can guarantee that your request will be honored.
Pets are traditionally not allowed on the premises of SC resorts. If you plan to travel with your pet, we recommend that you confirm directly with SC or the SC resort that the SC resort does accept pets. SC accepts no responsibility for the pet policy at any individual SC resort. Specific pet policies, if allowed, may require a damage/cleaning deposit at the time of check-in which may be non-refundable.
14. External services
The SC website and telephone facility or the SC resort at which you stay may advertise the opportunity to purchase products or services from independent third party suppliers (“independent suppliers”) including, by way of illustration only and without limitation, excursions, yacht charters and surf instruction (“external services”). The following provisions apply to all external services:
(i) All information on the SC website or otherwise communicated by SC regarding external services has been provided to SC and your SC resort by the independent suppliers. Such information does not constitute any endorsement or recommendation of the external service by SC or your SC resort and is for general guidance only. Neither SC or your SC resort makes any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the nature, quality, cost or any other aspect of the external services and it is your responsibility to check all relevant details of the external services with the independent supplier prior to purchase or booking.
(ii) SC and SC resorts or retreat lodging act solely as intermediaries introducing independent suppliers. Your contract for any external services will be made direct with the relevant independent supplier and neither SC or your SC resort has any other involvement in or control over the provision of external services. Consequently, neither SC or your SC resort will have any liability to you for the warranties, representations, acts, errors, omissions, breaches or negligence of any independent supplier or for any accidents, personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to property or any other losses, damages, costs or expenses resulting, directly or indirectly, from your purchase or use of any external service, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws.
It is your responsibility to check that, where appropriate, the independent supplier has adequate public liability insurance for the external service and/or to ensure that you and any dependents or associates using the external service have adequate personal insurance cover against all foreseeable risks.
15. Guest’s obligations
You agree to the terms and conditions of purchase imposed by SC and each SC resort. You also agree that you are fully responsible and shall pay for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, assessments and other amounts arising out of your reservation when due, including additional taxes and fees that may not be included in the quoted rate.
You understand that any violation of an SC resort’s conditions may result in cancellation of your reservation and you forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation and an SC resort debiting your account for any costs it incurs as a result of such violation.
16. Privacy and data protection
17. Intellectual Property Rights
‘Sunchasers’ has trademark protection. Any copyright and other intellectual property in the content and materials on the SC website remains with SC or the relevant SC resort. Downloading, copying or otherwise using any material on the SC website is permitted only for private use and limited to the sole purpose of making an SC resort reservation.
18. Force Majeure
Neither SC nor any SC resort will be liable for any change or cancellation of any reservation that is caused, in whole or in part, by events, occurrences, or causes beyond the control of SC or any SC resort. Such events, occurrences, or causes include, without limitation, acts of God, terrorist activities, weather, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of war, earthquake, volcanic activity, ash clouds, tsunamis, fire and explosions.
Neither SC nor any SC resort nor other providers of products or services related to the Reservations Facility are responsible for communication malfunctions, failures, difficulties or lost, stolen, or misdirected transmissions, messages or entries, or the security of any such communications to the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws. Further, neither SC nor any SC resort nor any other providers of products or services related to the Reservations Facility are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by user(s), by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Reservations Facility, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of any information related to the Reservations Facility and shall not be liable for damages resulting from any of the foregoing to the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws .
SC and any SC resort may cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a user has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.
20. Governing Law
These Reservation Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute in relation thereto.
21. Contact Details
whatsapp : +506 8767 0465
Any queries arising from these Reservations Terms and Conditions should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
The personal data SC collects
In order to complete your reservation and arrange its fulfillment SC needs to collect the following personal data as part of the reservation process:
your first and last name;
your email address;
your country of residence
details of your payment card including the card number, cardholder name, expiry date and CVV number.
You may also, if you wish, provide SC with:
your postal address (home or business);
preferred contact telephone number.
How SC uses the Reservation Data
SC will be the data controller of the Reservation Data.
It is necessary for SC to process the Reservation Data so that the contract for your resort reservation can be fulfilled and to take all necessary steps that involves including transmitting the Reservation Data to the relevant SC resort which may be outside the European Economic Area.
SC has appointed a third party (outside the European Economic Area) to process the Reservation Data.
In relation to any transfers of the Reservation Data outside the European Economic Area necessary to complete and fulfil the reservation, SC has put in place all necessary legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of the Reservation Data, details of which can be obtained on request from SC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SC will only share the Reservation Data with its appointed data processor and with the relevant SC resort.
On receipt of the Reservation Data the relevant SC resort will also become a data controller of the Reservation Data and will use it for all purposes necessary to fulfill your reservation including contacting you prior to your stay. Your SC resort will not use the Reservation Data for any purpose other than fulfilling your reservation and will need your specific consent to use it for any other purpose.
SC and the relevant SC resort will only store the Reservation Data for as long as is necessary to fulfil your reservation. The Reservation Data will be destroyed, anonymised and/or deleted once your reservation has been fulfilled and all payment and administrative matters have been completed.
You have the following rights in relation to the Reservation Data:
to request access to the Reservation Data by an email request to (email@example.com);
to request that the Reservation Data be amended or deleted although that may mean your reservation cannot be fulfilled;
SC as Data Controller
Small Luxury Resorts or retreat lodging of the World Limited is the data controller responsible for the Reservation Data
PART 3: THE SC SALE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note, the payment for any promotional sale must be paid in full at the time of booking and is non-changeable and non-refundable. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion and payment cannot be made using an SC Gift Certificate. Savings are against the Best Available Rate. The discount only applies on participating resorts or retreat lodging and on bookings made within the promotional period and cannot be applied on existing bookings. This offer is strictly subject to resort availability during the promotional period and may be withdrawn by SC at any time before the advertised book by time and date.
Last updated July 2022